How do you write copy that actually converts?
Believe it or not, the secret isn’t using the right words.
No, more important is WHAT you say.
It doesn’t matter if you struggle to string words together
As long as you say things that appeal to the market you’re guaranteed to make sales.
You need to speak about their dreams, hopes, desires and greatest fears.
But how do you do this?
The trick is to understand your market on the deepest level possible.
It might sound like a cliché…
…but you have to know them better than they know themselves.
Doing this is tough.
(Especially if you’re not involved in the market).
If you’ve never played golf you’ll struggling to understand golfers.
But there are ways to make this easier.
For example, here are 10 great questions to ask when trying to figure out your market.
1. What keeps them awake at night, sick with anxiety?
2. What are they afraid of?
3. Who and what are they angry about?
4. What frustrates them?
5. What trends are occurring and will occur in their businesses or lives?
6. What do they secretly desire?
7. Is there a built-in bias to the way they make decisions?
(For example, technology people are exceptionally analytical).
8. Do they have their own language or jargon?
9. Who else is selling something similar to them, and how?
10. Who else has tried selling them something similar, and how has that effort failed?
Take your time and think deeply about this stuff.
Weave what you find into your copy.
And remember, the real answers are never the most obvious.
Until next time,